Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Privileged to find PEACE in PROVIDENCE - Joe Geer

PEACE.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in PEACE; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

PEACE I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have PEACE. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

 PEACE.  I have felt since my kids grew up and left the nest  that God had plans for me as I turned the page and started that final life sprint us older folks all have to make. I gave serious consideration to a number of opportunities but none “felt right”. With Hein’s presentation
 I knew I had found what His plan was for me. It has been a few years since I practiced pediatrics and I am EXCITED to have the opportunity to put my experience, training and my life long passion to such wonderful use. WHAT A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY AND WHAT A PRIVILEGE TO SERVE GOD AND MAN IN THIS WAY!  WHAT INNER PEACE!

 Decision made.

Preparations nearly complete.

READY.

EXCITED.

CANNOT WAIT.


A contest offered a valuable prize for the best illustration of the concept of PEACE Many artists entered. There were renderings of beautiful sunsets over calm seas and hazy scenes of tranquil rivers in lush valleys. The prizewinner's depiction was very different from these tranquil scenes. Painted in black and gray, it depicted the terror of a violent storm. Lightning split the clouds; rain and hail pounded the ground. In the center of the painting was a storm-tossed oak tree. Holding on with all its might to one of the limbs of the tree was a little bird, singing at the top of its lungs. That's true PEACE.

You see, ultimate peace is not the absence of storms, but INNER PEACE amidst storms. And man never finds lasting INNER PEACE until he finds PEACE with God. When you find PEACE with God, you begin to experience PEACE within.  

As a postscript,  I was  doing my ymca thing and heard a country song by Carrie Underwood………”Jesus take the wheel. Take it from my hand. Cause I can’t do this on my own” then I looked up and on the opposite wall I saw (as Paul more eloquently said), “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” .

PROVIDENCE.

 I know you all will give me a lot of help. I will need it. I know I cannot do it on my own. It is all of you and your unique skills and your incredible faith that will make it happen. So glad to be part of this great team………  I’m just glad Jesus is at the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment