Sunday, February 2, 2014

Patience in all Circumstances - Hein VIngerling

I know you have not asked me to give a word but after reading all of your great devotions I feel that I need to add a short one. My word is Patience.
I wrote a song once and part of it goes like this:
 time goes by,confusion grows, you don't know what to do. You feel so ready but for what you don't know where does your life lead too.

I know I was inspired by a dear friend who was struggling with the call into the mission field, and that combined with my own experience made me write that.

I see in all your devotions that you are preparing spiritually for the trip, and that's great. To be honest not all groups take that so serious. Most of the prep is focused on the physical things. One thing that is even harder to prepare for is the unexpected. I have seen perfectly planned trips go totally upside down because there is something else going on. There is spiritual warfare! Ask any missionary who has been in Haiti for a while and they will confirm this. Not that it is unique to Haiti, it is everywhere, but it is very visible in Haiti.

Just an example from last week. Lauralynn was scheduled to come teach and I was going to meet up with her in Port au Prince so she could ride with us. The day before she contacted me to say that she had to cancel. Not just for a little thing, but because she had to go to a funeral of her best friends cousin.
A 24 year old young man who visited their mission in  Haiti last year, and who ended his own life the day before. This came just weeks after the sister of another missionary in the same group killed herself. This stuff is grave, it is enough to make you want to give up. We can plan our lives all we want but these things are never foreseen.
Now we are doing school this week, no big deal, but for instance for Debbie it would be a bummer.
That's what I would like you to prepare for:

Dear Lord give us patience so we are prepared for a total different agenda. 

looking forward to be here with you,
From Bohoc,
Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment