Thursday, January 30, 2014

Debbie Williamson. - Not Enough Without Him.

 NOT ENOUGH WITHOUT HIM

“Now glory be to God, by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of — infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.” Ephesians 3:20

I admit that I haven’t been in a very good place the past few days.  This is because, just as many times before, I started relying on myself.  Being an educator is almost synonymous with being a planner.  So off I raced into planning mode……emailing the team who recently went to Bohoc, asking numerous questions about the orphanage teachers; what was done during the prior visit, what they knew and didn’t know, on and on. I discovered that I didn’t even recognize the program which the last educator in Bohoc explained was the foundation for her visit.   The result of MY efforts to figure this out turned into frustration for me, and I began to feel incompetent to fulfill my calling.  I went on a tangent to learn more so I could be effective, efficient, and worthy of my calling to help the teachers in Bohoc.
 
Then the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart.

In my quiet time with our Lord, I heard a gentle, “Stop It.”  I knew what HE meant, because I fall into this trap a lot. I put my books and my computer down. I turned back to HIM, and prayed for direction, prayed for HIM to equip me, to be my vision, to be my guide. I was reminded of our call to bring hope and share the Good News of our Savior. This is our mission...to show and share Christ.  It’s not delivering the perfect plan to use in teaching and it’s not providing the perfect materials to put in their hands. It is what we all know is needed, both here in our comfortable world and in Bohoc where the challenges are too great for us to yet imagine.  What we all need is the perfect Christ.  HE is Enough. And it is by HIS supernatural power that we will all be able to accomplish what God has called us to do.

So my word is TRUST.  I need this word as a verb that reminds me to deny my self-reliance and rely on the Sovereign God whose will is perfect. I want goals set by God, not those which I self-impose.  I know that I am not enough without our Lord to equip me. And by HIS grace, HE keeps drawing me back and reminds me to simply trust HIM.

“Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

Prayer
I praise you, MIGHTY GOD and thank You for this opportunity to serve.  Thank you for being our GREAT HIGH PRIEST and adding power to our call to Matthew 28. I acknowledge YOUR lordship and thank You for being trustworthy with YOUR authority. I ask that You guide each of us.  I am thankful that You would never call on us to do anything that You have not already equipped us to accomplish.  May all we do be done to YOUR GLORY.  In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Debbie Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment